Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Busy Day

Gardner had a busy yet fun day yesterday. He and I got up early and went for a walk around the park. There was no breeze and the lakes were like glass, it was so beautiful. We took a short cut back to our house and when Gardner jumped over the small stream he sunk up to about his knees into deep mud. He loved it and seemed to get all excited about getting so dirty. I then spent a few hours weeding the back yard and chasing Gardner around the back yard taking things out of his mouth that he kept trying to eat. We both had a lot of fun.

After all the excitement of a walk and weeding it was time to get Gardner cleaned up. Since I just gave him a bath a week ago I decided to wash him off with the garden hose. Boy did he have fun with that. Sorry no pictures, too much water. After all his morning fun he was so sleepy that he didn't even budge in the bathroom when I dropped my bath towel on top of him.

A sleepy Gardner says, "REALLY!, I was sleeping, why did you put your wet towel on me, mean human."

Gardner and I then went to Yoga and he slept the whole class. Everybody asked me if I had drugged him because he slept and didn't move the whole class (unusual for him). After Yoga we ran errands and went shopping at the mall so that Alex could have a quite house to take his last final. Later we went out for dinner and a movie (see below) and when we got home Gardner got his second wind. I think it was from sleeping through the movie. Gardner really wanted to help me fold laundry. I mean he REALLY wanted to help. Since he wanted to help so badly I gave him some clothes of his own to fold and "Somehow" in the process he ended up wearing my scrub top. I had no idea that Gardner aspired to go into health care.

Don't worry, I don't normally dress up the guide dogs, but Gardner just want to help me fold laundry so badly that I just had to give him something to do.

No comments: