Monday, January 26, 2009

Anything for peace.

Either Alex and I really love our cats or we are totally crazy. Actually I think we both just want peace in the house. We made a big effort this weekend to block off the areas of the house that the cats defend with a vengeance. I.e. the dinning room and sun room ..... where their food and water is kept. But it seems no matter what we did, the puppies found a way in. So finally we have created a totally dog free zone that the kitties can still get into. It all looks pretty funny and is a bit over the top but if it means a bit less hissing and cats chasing dogs, it will be worth it. We found the gates at a used children's store and they were super cheep. I thought I would share with you how silly our place looks now. The things we do for our animals, I swear.

This is Dessa looking in at bailey in the dinning room. Bailey is growling up a storm and Dessa just wants to play. At least this way Bailey doesn't swat at her. The kitties can go underneath the gate if they want.

If the puppies can break through the first gate, then they have to get past both kitties and another gate before they reach the gold mine - the kitties food. Again, the kitties slide underneath with ease.

  If this doesn't prove that I love my cats I don't know what does. I think it actually proves that I might be certifiably nuts...... Under the blankets are two sheets of Styrofoam that are tapped together and are being held up against the wall by books. I cut a little door out for the kitties. And if you look closely, you will see Bailey peaking out.

The Bailey girl peering out from their secret lair.

This is the gate for the Basement. Its gross I know, but the puppies like to sneak into the basement and eat out of the kitties litter box. Disgusting!

No comments: