Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Love our Vigo

Well, it's almost official.... Vigo has been recalled.  He will be going back on the puppy truck next month even though he isn't yet 15 months old.  I can't believe we have only about 3 weeks left with him.  I have loved all of the many dogs we have raised or helped raise but there is something special about Vigo.  I just love him so much and I can't bare the thought of him going off to "college".  I remind myself that we don't raise them to keep them and then I feel a bit better.  He's been with me through a lot of ups and downs in the past year and I can't imagine not having him beside me.  When I stop and think about it, I am sure I felt the same about the other puppies we've raised but this time it's different... We're not getting a new puppy right away.  We are going to wait and see what happens with Vigo and then maybe get another one in the fall.

Vigo on our porch

He is such a sweetie!

My parents are visiting and even my Dad, a definite cat person, can't help but love our Vigo.  He dried him after a recent bath.  What a spoiled sweet puppy. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love the picture of Vigo on your porch. He is such a handsome dog.

From what you say about Vigo, he's ready for formal training. I hope these last three weeks can be really fun ones.