Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dilberts graduation!!!!

I've raised 5 guide dog puppies.  3 are actively guiding, one got sick after completing training and couldn't work and one was a disaster and failed.  I have never been able to make It to a graduation ceremony.  With alex living 40 minutes away from guide dog's Oregon campus I had no excise to not attend dilberts graduation.

It was AWESOME.  I was choking back tears the entire day.  Dilbert's partner's name is kelvin and he lives just outside of Dallas TX.  Dilbert is his 6th dog.  He is in his late 50's and had his first dog when he was 19.  Kelvin works for the EPA and loves to go to basketball and baseball games.  He is excited to take Dilbert with him to these outings.  He gave me permission to post pictures on the blog.

It was amazing to see Dilbert guiding.  But I would be lying if I didn't say that my heart was breaking all day.  Dilbert is so special.  I loved him with all my heart!  


Dilbert and his new partner Kelvin

I am so proud of Dilbert I can hardly stand it

He is such a beautiful dog and will be such a wonderful partner for Kelvin!

No comments: