Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The simple joys in life.

Some people say that having children reminds us of the simple joys in life. Kids say what they think and do things often without thinking if they should. We don't have kids to remind us of this but we have PUPPIES........ I was on my way out the door this morning when Mystery (our current 5 month old black lab) reminded me of the joy of stairs. We were walking down the stairs and she was right next to me when all of a sudden she intentionally threw out her front legs and her back legs and went skidding down the stairs on her stomach. She went flying off the bottom step, skidded across the tile and then jumped up wagged her tail and ran in the living room to get a toy. She was so full of joy. I had woken up with a horrible migraine for the third day in a row and yet as cruddy as I felt I laughed from the bottom of my gut and went off to work with a huge smile on my face. We should all remember to slide down he stairs on our tummies more.

No comments: