Friday, February 27, 2009

We love our kitties too

I feel like over the past few months all I have done is post pictures of the puppies we have been sitting. I don't want people to think we are dog crazy people or that we have forgot about our two kitties.  Bailey, our older kitty with breast cancer, had a "bad" day yesterday and was in a real funk. Despite giving her medicine for her pain, she was still really grumpy and she hasn't been eating well lately. For Bailey this is a huge change because she is a real fatso and a pig. Alex keeps telling me that it is going to be her time to go soon but I just don't want to believe it. She is the sweetest thing ever and seeing her run to the door to greet me when I come home from work at night always make me smile (even if it is only because she knows she gets feed when I come home.)

The cancer center at CSU said she would likely live about 3-6 months after her mastectomy, since there was evidence that the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes.  So I guess I should feel lucky that she is still with us a year and a half later. But I sure will miss her when it is her time to move on to whatever is next. I'm not sure her daughter Bree will know what to do without her around.

With the puppies out of the house for the first time in weeks, the kitties have gone back to sleeping on the bed with us at night. Both Alex and I have realized how much less sleep we get when they hog the entire bottom of the bed. We are constantly trying not to kick them when we roll over in our sleep. I think maybe we just need to get some backbones and kick them off the bed.

Bailey sits here in the mornings while I do my hair and put on my makeup - waiting anxiously for me to go down stairs and feed her.


Bree's favorite way of looking at the world.

No comments: