Saturday, February 7, 2009

A three day getaway

I was off on Friday, so Alex and I decided to sneak away for a three day ski weekend. The only problem was that we had Gabrina for the Weekend. So we decided to take her with us. We arrived in Dillon around 3pm on Friday and headed out to Keystone for some late afternoon and nighttime skiing. We left Gabrina in her Crate in the hotel room as seen below. However after about 2 1/2 hours on the slops we got a call form the hotel asking us to come back to our room and control our puppy as they had had complaints of her barking. So. . . we rushed back and indeed, Gabrina was expressing her displeasure with being left in the room.

So on Saturday we decided that Gabrina needed to go with us to Vail for the day. We took turns being with her and skiing. She went to Old Chicago with us tonight and slept like a baby under the table the whole time. Below is a video I took on my old digital cameras. I was just goofing around and trying to see if this function worked and I thought it was kind of cute.


Alex and I had a great time at Vail today. We spent almost the whole day on the black runs and boy were we exhausted by the end of the day. I took a couple of really bad falls but thank goodness I didn't hurt anything serious. My pride was hurt a bit but that and the bruises will heal with time. I was goofing around with my old camera and took a couple of video clips of Alex skiing. They are not that great but you might enjoy looking at them anyways.

The First one is Alex going really slow acting like and airplane on a nice easy Green Run. I quickly found that it is really difficult to record him skiing and ski behind him myself. But If the motion doesn't make you too sick it is kind of fun to watch.


The following video is taken with me standing at the bottom of a very steep black part of a run. It doesn't look that steep in the video but it is. I didn't realize that the camera did sound so that is why I didn't say anything.

No comments: