Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tolerance breads friendship

Bree has gradually become more and more tolerant of the puppies.  We have taught Eve to stop chasing her and it has made a big difference.  Now Eve keeps going up to her and trying to give her a bone and trying to get her to play with her.   Bree naturally does not want to play tug and so just hisses at her and occasionally swats at her.   But...in the past few days, things have really changed.  This morning Bree chased after Eve's pink drag line as if it was a piece of string.  It was possibly, one of the cutest things I have ever seen Bree do.  And tonight I was playing tug with Eve when I noticed that Bree was sitting next to us trying to play too by swatting at the loose sting end of the tug toy.  I never thought I would see a day when the puppy and the kitty would sit within feet of each other and be happy and  playful together.  I can't wait to have Anthony back next week, who is way calmer than Eve, and see what develops.

Eve has been a joy this week, outside of the pooping in the house, which we still aren't sure why that has been happening.  She did great at work with me today and is such a sweet snuggle bug! 

No comments: