Sunday, September 18, 2011

Apsen Day #3

Yeah!!! It is sunny and beautiful today!!!  Freezing but who cares!  We got up real early, much to both of my boys displeasure and went to the balloon show.  They are both napping now so I got a chance to put up some pictures from the morning.  We are headed up to the top of the mountains after their nap so check back later for more pics.

One thing I loved about this festival is that the balloons weren't roped off.  You could walk right up to the balloons as they were being filled.  It was really cool!  At one point there were 37 balloons in the air.  I took a gazillion pictures so I'll try and show some restraint and only post a few, wish  me luck...

We were there by 7am and the moon was still out... can you see it in the picture... its the white dot on the right. 

It was only 37 degrees out... Burr.....

Balloon as it floated over headed.

The beauty was just astounding. 

Matthew Giggled at all the balloons.

Funny shaped triangle one... weird but cool.

My hubby was so sweet.... he watched Matthew the whole time so I could run around and take pictures.

Sorry for the spots on my camera lens... guess I need to clean it. : )

I never saw the planes but the contrails were everywhere. 

I am finally figuring out how to do silhouettes on manual mode....

Balloons everywhere.

The balloons just kept coming

up up and away...

I imagine the view from inside the balloons was spectacular.  Maybe next year the ride part won't get cancelled by the rain. 

Check back later for picture from the top of the gondola... I'm gonna go wake the boys and were off for more fun and adventure. 

2 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Love the pictures! Matthew looks so old in that one where he is standing in fron tof the balloons! Looks like a beautiful place to spend the weeknend!

Shelly :) said...

I love the pictures! It looks so peaceful. :)