Monday, September 19, 2011

Aspen Day 4 - Maroon Bells

We didn't get up early enough for sunrise at Maroon Bells, but I am gonna try and go tomorrow.  We had a lot of fun just watching Matthew play in the lake.  The beauty of the spot was absolutely astounding.  One of the most amazing mountain visit I've ever seen and I've done a lot of mountain hiking in a lot of different countries.   The lighting wasn't great for mountain shots so most of what I took were shots of Matthew with the mountains as a background.

Family photo #1

Family Photo #2

Off and running. 

"Hurry up Mom, what's taking you so long?"

We made it to the lake... "please can't I go in and play?"

"Really?  I can????  Yippee!!"

"I think I'll just eat the rocks"

"what you looking at?"

"Look Mom... I found more rocks!"

"pretty view?  Who cares... I'm loving the water and the rocks!"

"This is the best!"

This is my favorite shot of the day. 

Check back tomorrow night and see if I got any good sunrise pictures.   And we start co-raising petunia  next week and will have Irene with weekend as well... so check back next week for fun puppy pictures. 

1 comment:

lauren said...

your pictures are AWESOME - love Matthew in the hat, and I am SOOOO jealous you got to go to the balloon festival! I've always wanted to do that...