Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Trying everything

So after being on bed rest for 3 weeks I am nearly 38 weeks and I am ready for our little guy to make his debut.  I don't mind be pregnant or even the bed rest (I've got great helpers) but I have been having contractions about every 3-5 minutes for weeks.  They really hurt now and I am getting really tired.

I think the constant contractions is pay back for all of the patients that I have made suffer through similar situation for the health of the baby.  My mom needs to go home soon so we have been trying everything to try and get this little guy to come out.  

One of the things we tried was driving up to Estes park and going for a drive up Old Fall River Road (a dirt road) up to the alpine visitor's center (over 11,000 ft high).  Don't worry we cleared the drive with my doctor before we went.  But alas, the drive didn't put me into labor or make my water break.  But it did pick up my spirits, it was great to get out of the house into nature, even if I just got to see it from the car.

I needed a stretch break (and Anthony need to DYB) so we paused to take a family portrait. 

Anthony poses for a quick picture.

Mom took this picture from the top of trail ridge road.  

Here is just a random shot of me before I went to my doctors appointment last week.  I rarely get to get dressed up and go out anymore .... the whole bed rest thing gets in the way.....

The reality is that this is how I have been spending my days.  I wasn't feeling too great when mom took this picture.

1 comment:

Toni Tralala said...

That family portrait turned out well. :) Congrats with the pregnancy@