Friday, May 1, 2009

Eve and a stoned kitty

As many of you know, my beloved kitty Bailey has breast cancer. She has been especially going down hill over the past few months. She has been having trouble breathing and now has a tumor growing out of her skin in her armpit. Poor thing. Alex and I decided not to do chemo with her but wanted to make sure she is comfortable. We have a fantastic Vet Oncologist at CSU and she recently prescribed Bailey kitty morphine to keep her comfortable. We have been using it when she seems like she is hurting or when she is having a lot of trouble breathing. The funny thing is that it makes her really stoned and she just sits and stares off into space. But at least she isn't whimpering or gasping for air. I guess if I was dying I would rather be drugged than miserable. For those of you who know her, you will be able to tell by her eyes in the picture below that she is bit drugged. I don't know if there is an animal heaven or not but I sure do hope that if there is bailey gets special treatment there, she has been the best kitty ever and deserves an eternity of peace.

Big "booboo" eyed kitty on Morphine

I got the pleasure of watching eve again today. She is just too cute and I can't resist taking lots of pictures of her. She has mastered the sit command already and we are having significantly less accidents. She now goes and sits by the door when she needs to go out. She is even peeing on cement like a good Guide Dog Puppy should!

Eve sitting on her pillow

A little blurry, because she is really attacking the ducky, but still cute.

Just such a cute face

The best of all...a sleeping puppy.

Eve is determined that she is going to bite into the big blue ball.

Eve, like all the other puppies, loves her kong on a stick, and enjoys playing on her new padded, quilted matt that I made.

Alex takes a break from studying and does some "back time" with eve. Don't worry, that is not blood on his scrubs, its deck stain.

No comments: