Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rest in Peace Bailey Girl


Bailey passed away this evening around 8pm. Many animals like to be alone to die but not Bailey. She drug herself right into the middle of where Alex, Gardner and I were sitting and soon Bree joined us. I have had many pets pass away in my lifetime but for some reason I have never been home or with them during the moment. That seems to be a job my poor dad always did. I haven't left Bailey's side since last night and watching her through out the day and then tonight in her final moments was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I have sat with numerous patients as they made their transitions and yet some how it didn't prepare me for the emotions I felt as I pet Bailey in her final moments on this earth.


Bailey was the "mom" of our small family. She always knew when Alex and I were sick or upset and when we needed some kitty loving. She purred and snored louder than I ever thought a kitty could. As I walk around the house tonight in a bit of an emotional fog I see her face and hear her purring everywhere: on the landing on the steps, next to the bathtub, at the bottom of the bed, on the trunk by the window, and snuggled up in Alex's lap. She is everywhere in my memories.

I am glad her suffering was not prolonged but I will miss her terribly. She was a wonderful mother to Bree, and an amazing pet. She will live on forever in our hearts and memories, and of course we will find her fur on our black shirts for years to come. Bailey, may your pain now be gone and may you spend a joyous eternity rolling on warm cement and eating all the yummy food you want. Thank you for all of the love and joy you have given us over the past years. we will never stop loving you and you will never be forgotten! Go now and rest in peace Bailey Girl.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Sorry for your loss. Pets always hold a special place in our hearts.