Saturday, July 4, 2009

In a Mood!!!

I woke up this morning to the sound of crunching. I quickly looked around and found Gardner eating the treats I give to our cat after I brush her. Ugh, nothing like starting your day off at 5:30 am with a "Gardner, what are you doing....That's enough!" and then getting a hand full of half chewed cat food while you pull it out of his mouth. And the strange thing is that I know I put the Tupperware with the cats treats in it up on the top shelf.

I am on call all weekend so I headed to the hospital around 8am today and Alex went too. He is trying to get hours in for PA school, so we left Gardner in the guest room. Before I shut the door on him, I checked to make sure there was nothing he could destroy, as the number of couch pillow is quickly dwindling.

When Alex came home from the hospital to let him out...4 hours after he had left...this is what he found. And I have to add, Gardner had five toys to chew on in the room.

Now, I really don't know what to make of this one, except to think that he was mad at us for leaving him. He literally chewed an entire roll of TP off of the holder, cardboard included. It doesn't appear that he ate any of it, he seems to have done it just to spite us.

In the afternoon Gardner "helped" me do some weeding and yard work. One minute he is sitting right beside me and I swear two seconds later he was gone. I couldn't find him anywhere in the yard and he didn't come when I called. Then a burst of fear I saw that the fence gate was open. A few minutes later, in a complete panic, I found Gardner. He was down at the lake about 6 houses down from ours. He normally never leaves my side. I about had a heart attack thinking I had lost him. I also found out who had opened the gate just prior to Gardner's sneaky exit (he shale remain name less but lets just say he shared in my panic as he helped search).

When we went out for dinner later we found that we had a dog on our hands that was truly "in a mood" and he was determined to miss behave in every way he could. Alex and I chalked this up as him being a teenager... he has had days like this before but today was special.

On a different note, we had some beautiful clouds the other day and I couldn't resist taking a picture. This evening we had a gorgeous full double rainbow but we were in the car so I couldn't get a picture.

Clouds as seen from our porch.

No comments: