Sunday, November 13, 2011

The joys of travel.

This morning all was going well. We had a slow morning and a great brunch. Then we got some last minute vitamin D on the ferry. The cab ride to the airport was a bit crazy but we made it.

It was all down hill from there. The airport computers were being screwy and I waited for over two hours in the hot sun to get to the ticket counter. Then when I got there they gave me a hand written ticket for my bag. It just said st Thomas to Denver via Chicago. While in customs I realized I forgot my carry on at the ticket counter and had to go running back for it.

Then once on the plane the pilot told us that the scheduled 3 hour flight was going to take 5. The drunk and very stinky lady next to me was upset and made a stink, ha ha pun intended. : ) The plane had no food on it, not even to buy so we got water and more water.... To watch a movie cost $8... I paid for it just do I didn't have to deal with the drunk lady.

After a very long flight we arrived in Chicago and over half the plane had missed their connections. So off I went to stand in yet another long line. The good news was that united agreed to put us all up in a hotel and give us food vouchers.

As I expected... My bag was not with me in Chicago. I waited in another long line to find out that yes indeed my bag was not here. United was kind enough to give me a toothbrush and toothpaste and off I went to Stand another line for a shuttle to the hotel. Are you seeing a trend yet? Oh and by now its after 10pm.

The hotel was nice, double tree by Hilton. Apparently this happens so frequently that the restaurant had a separate menu that had prices that matched the prices of the food vouchers from United. I ate quickly and headed off to bed... Afterall I had to be up in 5 hours to go catch my next flight.

The next morning went fairly smoothly: up at 5, shuttle to airport, intense security and economy plus seat. The lady next to me was still drunk from the night before (different lady than first flight). What's up with me sitting next to drunk people??? The flight was super bumpy but I was able to sleep through most of it.

In a shocking turn of events... My bag was one of the first off in denver. I was shocked!! Now I'm waiting for my hubby and matthew... I can't wait to see them both. I am also excited about see petunia soon as well. Check out the picture of my luggage tag and you'll see why I was shocked that my bag made it.

It was a fantastic vacation and the trip home was a fun adventure. I am thankful that the flight chaos was not at the beginning of my trip. And I am proud of myself that I made it through everything yesterday without getting upset or flustered... Even when the waiter at the hotel told me he had lost my credit card. : )

No comments: