Sunday, March 8, 2009

An exhausting day.

Yesterday was a busy day. Gardner and I got up early and went to Yoga at the gym. It is always a challenge for him to sit still with 40+ people all moving so much around him. He did great though. Klara, our instructor, always gives us a short head rub with scented oils at the end of class. Gardner got a rub too and started sneezing up a storm and then buried his head in my armpit. Poor guy!

After Yoga Alex, Gardner and I went on a long walk around the lake were Gardner got to sniff and socialize with a lot of other doggies. We went without his guide dog vest so he could enjoy himself a bit more. When we got home I cleaned the house and Gardner loves to chase the vacuum cleaner. He then accompanied Alex and I to a Landscaping company's lot to look at rocks for our yard. This was very exciting because for some reason there were several bunnies hopping around between the various rock piles.

Then after helping me make lunch he (Gardner) and I went and ran errands all over town in a strange snow storm that lasted about an hour before again becoming sunny again. (snowing yesterday and 70 today, Colorado's weather is so odd!) When we got home he had to help me in the kitchen by making sure the floor stayed clean while I made dinner and baked cookies. I swear sometimes he thinks he is a vacuum cleaner.

All of that activity resulted in an absolutely exhausted puppy who totally cacked out at eight o'clock not to move again until 9am the following morning. (he is normally up by 6:30am).


It is always best to let sleeping dogs lie.

No comments: