Thursday, March 19, 2009

Great News!!

Alex and I finally got word that I can have the month of June off. It requires me to use most of my vacation time for the year but it should be worth it. Alex and I are going to go to Guatemala to study Spanish for four weeks. The school we have chosen to study with is associated with a medical clinic and an orphanage where we can volunteer when we are not in class. And hopefully my Dad is going to be able to come spend June out in Colorado watching our kitties and house. I am really in need of a vacation and am super excited about being able to get out of the country for awhile. The best part is that everything is super cheep there. The school were we are going to study charges less than $200 dollars for five hours a day of one on one language instruction, three meals a day and housing with a host family. What a deal! I guess I am going to have to learn to drink coffee. And don't worry Mom, Guatemala isn't nearly as scary as you think it is.

1 comment:

lauren said...

Wish we could go with you!!! Where are you going to be? Tell me Quetzaltenango and I'm going to kill you...