Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Who me?


Who would believe that this peacefully sleeping puppy could get into trouble. Not I. He was resting so quietly in my office at work today when.... I came out of a patients room and one of my nurses came running up to me with a black object in her hand yelling, "I think your dog just ate this and I think it's poison!"

UGH! Gardner had just half eaten and ant trap. I called his vet right away and they recommended that I bring him in ASAP. So out the door I went, off to Loveland in the middle of rush hour. When I made it to the vet's office, who were very nice by the way, they called poison control, checked Gardner out and decided that he would live another day eat some other strange object. The vet said she was most concerned about the plastic he ate passing through his guts. When I told her he had already eaten one of our wii remotes and passed its parts without trouble she offered great reassurance that his gut could likely handle a bit of ant trap. My bigger question is why does the clinic I work for have Ant traps in my office and how on earth did Gardner find it? I have been there over 6 months and have never seen a trap or an ant.

Did you know that the insides of ant traps have peanut butter and poison in them? Peanut Butter - Who knew?

No comments: