Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Blizzard!

I woke up this morning with North Carolina on my mind. We had about 4 inches of snow on the ground and it was coming down hard. I rolled over and thought, if only we still lived in North Carolina...I wouldn't have to go to work. But instead I got up and drove through 6 inches of snow to work and had a busy morning in clinic. Denver may get up to three feet and we are predicted to get over a foot. It started snowing last night and is suppose to keep snowing until 9am tomorrow morning. The exciting thing is that Alex and I have plans to stay in the mountains all weekend to celebrate Alex's 35th birthday. So if we can get there tomorrow it should be an amazing weekend - Vail has gotten over 3 feet of snow in the past 3 days and it is still falling. Because Denver was getting so much snow and the headquarters of Salud (where I work) is in Denver, they decided to close our clinic early. Yippeee!!! I got an afternoon snow day!!!

Above is a close up of part of the hill behind our house. Kids hit the hill as soon as school let out. The picture is dark because it's snowing.

Alex and Bailey were happy that I came home early.

No comments: