Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yet another great day at Vail


We had another amazing day of skiing today. We decided to go to Vail for the day. The drive there was spectacular! The mountains were all covered in snow and the morning sunshine looked so beautiful. We even passed a big group of rocky mountain sheep on the side of the road. Their horns always look so cool.

Vail was amazing as always. We have gotten so lucky to have sunshine every time we go up there. We really challenged ourselves today. We spent most of the day taking on the amazing back bowls! There is no place like the back bowls of Vail! It took us almost an hour to make it to the bottom of one of the bigger ones. We finished off the day by tackling the double black diamond runs. By the time the lifts stopped running I hurt in places I didn't know I had! Overall though I was really proud of myself that I could make it down a double black diamond, especially since I just started skiing last year.

This is the top of the Sun Down bowl. It was really warm out and the snow was so soft.

This is me about half way down Sun Down Bowl.

At most resorts out here you can find a spot on one lift where the trees are decorated with strange stuff people throw in them. For example, at keystone there are a group of trees off of one of the lifts that are covered in colorful beads. On the way up on chair five at Vail, there are several trees covered in ladies underwear and bras. There are beads too of course. The sight of them always makes me smile. I tried to get a picture, didn't turn out great but I think you will get the idea.

I didn't have anything easily removable for the tree, how sad.

Another beautiful day at Vail.
View from one of the eight back bowls.

View from a lift in he back. I just love the way the pine trees look when they are all covered with snow.

The lodge where we went to get warm and eat lunch was covered in icicles. They were really beautiful.

Our view during lunch.

No comments: