Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A good try...

I have the day off today so Alex and I got up early to go skiing - Vail got 8 new inches last night. But unfortunately we also got about 2 inches. Normally we don't get snow when the mountains do. The problem was not the snow but the fact that under the snow was an inch of ice. We were all set to go; car was loaded, Gardner was safe in a guest bedroom with nothing to chew on but his toys (yesterday he ate two of our wii remotes, and a pair of sandals when left alone for an hour) and we had arranged for friends to come over later to let him "do his business". Well, it took us 45 minutes just to get to the highway from our house (normally takes 5). We decided we didn't want to spend the entire day in the car trying to get to the slopes just to have to turn around and come back. We were both bummed but it was probably for the best considering we both have really bad head colds and are a bit cranky.

I spent all day Sunday getting my yard ready for spring and then it snows. UGH! I just hope my freshly trimmed rose bushes don't die. I guess I should have listened to everyone when they told me that we often still get snow in March. Oh well, lesson learned. I hope my daffodils don't die, they were just starting to open up.



I took Gardner out in to the backyard this morning for a game of tug. He had a blast and seems to have taken to the snow much more so than when he was a younger puppy (he's 10 1/2 months now).

Gardner takes a breather after playing tug with me for what seemed like forever. Don't puppies ever run out of energy? He is looking at the geese that are constantly squawking on the pond (apparently early spring is goose matting season, and boy do they let you know!)

No comments: