Thursday, June 18, 2009

Feliz Dia del Papa

Yesterday was fathers day here in Guatemala. To celebrate we ate cake and Alex did a shot of what appeared to be something like Guatemalan moonshine with our host dad. The people of xela celebrated by lighting off very loud fire crackers throughout the day starting at around 4am.

Alex and Sergio celebrate Dia del papa with a shot. Alex said it was like drinking rubbing alcohol.

On another note, it is still raining daily in Xela. I finally got my one pair of jeans washed and as we were walking home last night a truck passed us and sprayed me from head to toe with dirty water. All I could think of was, I feel like I am in a gum or mentos commercial. I am now suppose to smile and show my pack of gum. but ugh, my poor finally clean jeans! Oh well, what ya gonna do when the side walk is only 8 inches wide. Gotta love it!

Tomorrow is our last day of classes before we head out on 10 days of wandering/traveling through Guatemala. Here's hoping my tummy keeps getting better so I can eat along the way. I doubt many restaurants serve jello like my host mom here.

No comments: