Thursday, June 4, 2009

Its still raining!!!

When they said in the book that June was the rainy season I thought that meant that it rains more frequently, not that it would start raining and not stop for 5 months. I have not seen such heavy rain for such a long time in all of my life!! We even had some hail yesterday. So I don't have many new city pictures to post as I don't usually take my camera out in the rain.

This is a view of the very wet court yard at our school.

The second floor is full of small room were we sit for our one on one studies.

This is my classroom. My teacher refused to be in the picture. The bag on the table is from a local bakery run by Mennonites. They are only open two days a week but they make the best doughnuts and cookies I have ever had in my whole life!!!!

This is a view down to the patio at our house from our room. To get to the bathroom you go down the steps and around and under the stairs. Fun at 3 in the morning in the rain. But I can't complain because we don't have to share it and I was talking to another student and she has to share a small bathroom with 2 other students and the 6 family members.

Alex, "coco" and "chino" watch the DVD Bolt that we bought. I only understood about 30% of it but what I did understand was cute. This is the main part of the house that we share with our family. There is a small kitchen and one bedroom and that's it.

No comments: