Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A walk through the rain.

I am still having some trouble getting stuff to post correctly but I did manage to retrieve the lost posts from Antigua so scroll down further to see them. I posted them under the day we were there.

It is raining again today. We are here during the rainy season so I guess it is to be expected. My only concern is that I only brought one pair of long pants! My book said it was going to be 80 most of the month. I am pretty cold in my skirts and short sleeve shirts since is is only in the 60's. Oh well, I guess my jeans and one fleece will just get a lot of washes.

Yesterday afternoon Alex and I went on a quest. He had to have diet coke. For those of you who know my husband, he is seldom without a diet coke in his hand. Well, I guess diet sodas are a luxury because we can't seem to find more than the occasional dusty can. I also tried to find soap for washing my face. You should see the looks I get when I ask people if they have soap just for that. I guess skin care truly is a luxury too. The things we take for granted.

We passed these two doggies sleeping in a doorway on our wanderings. They were trying to stay out of the rain. We passed back by around 8pm, they were still there.


This is the Theater in Xela. We hope to attend many of the free shows they have there. We also bought some DVDs to watch with our host family in the evening with their kids. Bolt in Spanish cost us a dollar and hopefully we will learn some Spanish from it.

View of part of the market in Xela. This is not a huge tourist city so the market sells mostly household goods and food.

Our dinner was fantastic!! See picture below - normally they eat this around Christmas time. It is mashed up rice with chicken and spices cooked in the big green leaves. It was outstanding!!!

I know it doesn't look that appetizing, but it was great! They call them Patches.

No comments: